Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various NCE & Degree (affiliated with the University of Uyo– UNIUYIO) programmes of Akwa Ibom State College of Education (AKSCOE), Afaha Nsit, for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
The Akwa Ibom State College of Education Portal will open for Admission from Tuesday, 23rd August 2022. All candidates are required to register online via the College Portal for the screening exercise.
AKSCOE Degree Courses
AKSCOE (Affiliated to UNIUYO) Degree Courses:
Programmes approved for the award of Degrees are listed below:
EDUCATION/ENGLISH B.A (Ed.)
EDUCATION/MATHEMATICS B.Sc. (Ed.)
EDUCATION/BIOLOGY B.Sc. (Ed.)
EDUCATION/CHEMISTRY B.Sc. (Ed.)
INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION B.Sc. (Ed.)
EDUCATION/PHYSICS B.Sc. (Ed.)
EARLY CHILDHOOD/PRIMARY EDUCATION B.Ed.
SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION B.Ed.
EDUCATION/AGRICULTURE B.Sc. (Ed.)
BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME B.Ed.
TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMME B.Ed.
AKSCOE NCE Courses
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES:
SOCIAL STUDIES/POLITICAL SCIENCE
SOCIAL STUDIES / IBIBIO
SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES:
ENGLISH / SOCIAL STUDIES
ENGLISH / ECONOMICS
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE:
COMPUTER SCIENCE/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
INTEGRATED SCIENCE / PHYSICS
INTEGRATED SCIENCE/COMPUTER SCIENCE
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION DM
TECHNICAL EDUCATION DM
HOME ECONOMICS DM
BUSINESS EDUCATION DM
SCHOOL OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND PRIMARY EDUCATION:
ADULT AND NON-FORMAL EDUCATION
EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE EDUCATION
AKSCOE Post UTME Eligibility
1. Candidates who took part in the 2022 JAMB UTME and scored 100 and above are eligible to apply for NCE (Full Time, Part Time and Sandwich) Programmes.
2. Candidates who took part in the 2022 JAMB UTME and scored the required JAMB cut-off mark for universities are eligible to apply for Degree Programme.
3. Direct Entry Candidates with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 (Merit level) in their relevant fields are also qualified to apply for Degree Programme.
4. Candidates must possess 5 credits passes including English and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSCE from WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB.
1. Change of institution to Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit through JAMB is necessary for those candidates who did not choose the College as first choice.
2. NCE candidates should change to Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit
3. Degree candidates should change to Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit (Affiliated to University of Uyo).
4. Candidates are advised to visit the College Website akscoe.edu.ng and click on e-portal or log onto the College Portal http://www.eportal.akscoe.edu.ng or visit the College ICT UNIT for the screening form and also visit the Admissions Unit of the College for guidance and detailed screening procedures.
How to Apply for AKSCOE Post UTME Form
All candidates are required to register online via the College Portal for the screening exercise using the procedure listed below:
1. Log onto the College portal http://www.eportal.akscoe.edu.ng to generate the payment invoice
2. Select “NEW STUDENT” on the Login Page
3. Enter your name, valid email address, phone number and other personal details on the NEW STUDENT PROFILE form
4. Click on Submit to generate payment invoice
5. After generating payment invoice, visit any commercial bank in Nigeria to make payment for AKSCOE Screening fee using REMITA.NET Payment Platform OR Click on Pay Online on the Invoice to pay
6. All eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable screening fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2000.00) only (bank charges inclusive).
7. After Payment, go back to the College Portal to complete the Registration Form.
8. On successful registration, select “PRINT BUTTON” to print the 2021/2022 Screening Form Printout from the Portal.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
2. Two files with Name, the desired Course of Study and UTME registration number clearly and boldly written on it.
3. Admission Screening slip printed from the College Portal.
4. 2022 UTME Result Slip showing the candidates photograph in colour.
5. Photocopy of Certificate of Origin from the Local Government.
6. Birth Certificate/Age Declaration.
7. Letter of Recommendation.
1. The passport photograph uploaded/presented during JAMB registration will be the only valid identification for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit.
2. Application for change of passport photograph by candidates offered provisional admission shall NOT be allowed. This same passport photograph uploaded by such candidates would be used on their final certificates.
3. Screening dates shall be communicated to the registered candidates.