Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Lagos State University Pre–Degree Studies (PDS) Programme, which shall commence in October, 2022.
The Programme shall run for One (1) Academic Session, beginning from October, 2022, to September, 2023. It is an intensive programme to prepare candidates with deficiency in their O’Level result to successfully re-sit for the Examination and also prepare them for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination [UTME] for admission into the 100 Level Degree programmes of Lagos State University.
The Programme is located at the Lagos State University, Epe Campus. Candidates who sit at home to write JAMB will struggle for admission in the general admission process but PDS students who pass their JAMB will secure admission on the PDS quota provided by the Lagos State University.
LASU Pre-Degree Admission Requirements
1. Candidates must have Credits Pass in at least three (3) subjects (i.e. any of Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Government, Economics, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies (CRS). Islamic Religious Studies (IRS) and Accounting) in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, GCE or NECO at NOT more than two (2) sittings.
2. Candidates who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
LASU Pre-Degree Subjects Offered
THE COURSES TO BE OFFERED ARE:
2. English Language
8. Literature in English
9. Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
10. Islamic Religious Studies (IRS)
Criteria For Transiting To LASU 100 Level
For transition to 100 Level, each candidate is expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and also OBTAIN the minimum JAMB Cut Off Mark for the University Admission, as well as comply with the University Screening Test as may be prescribed.
In addition, all CANDIDATES with deficiencies in their O’level result are to REGISTER for WAEC and /or NECO, and are expected to pass all the relevant deficient subjects.
Successful Candidates are eligible to be allocated to the 100 Level Courses of related Faculties/Schools/College: Engineering, Science, Management Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Law, Agriculture, Transport, Mass Communication, Nursing, Dentistry and College of Medicine, at the end of the Programme.
THE CURRENT PERFORMANCE
The performance of our current Pre-Degree Candidates in the 2022 UTME is proof that their exposure to rigorous teaching and CBT practice were responsible for tremendous success both in quality and quantity. 79,7% had 200 and above.
How To Apply for LASU Pre-Degree Admission
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
1. Prospective candidates should visit https://www.lasu.edu.ng and point to STUDENT then click on NEW APPLICANT.
2. Scroll down and click on LASU-PDS to pre-enroll an get an application number.
3. On getting the application number, you will be re-directed to the LASU E-payment portal (https://www.lasu.edu.ng/epyment) for the payment of application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000:00) only for the 2022/2023 LASU Pre–Degree Studies.
4. After payment, Candidates should proceed to register online.
Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
DATE FOR QUALIFYING EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW
The date for the Qualifying Examination and Interview for the Successful Candidates for the 2022/2023 Calendar Year, will be announced later.
Any applicant who pays money to any individual/other account / or through other means aside from the one above, does so, to his/her own disadvantage.
The programme is residential. Candidates offered admission into the programme will be accommodated at the Epe Campus of the Lagos State University. Candidates are to visit: www.lasu.edu.ng for more information about the programme.
Leave a Reply