Application form for 2022/2023 admission into the Nurse/Midwife/Public Health Nurse Tutors’ Programme for the Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Education (PGDNE) is invited from individuals, Ministries of Health, Training Hospitals, Nurses’ Training Institutions and other Government Agencies to train as Nurse Educators, Midwife Educators, or Public Health Nurse Educators. Prospective self-sponsored candidates may also apply.
UI POSTGRADUATE IN NURSING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Education programme, candidates must: have five (5) credits at WASCE/GCE O/L (or equivalent) obtained at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings. The subject combination must include English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
1. The candidate must be a registered Nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria; who posses first degree in Nursing.
2. Must possess current practicing license with Nursing and Midwifery of Nigeria.
3. Two years post qualification working experience will be an additional advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Follow the steps below to access the Nurse/Midwife/Public Health Nurse Tutors` Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Education on the University of Ibadan Postgraduate College portal
1. Go to the PG college website: http://app.pgcollegeui.com:8080/application/new_applicant.jsp
2. Click on sign up for New applicant
3. Fill in your personal details
4. A code will be displayed on your right hand side
5. Enter the code on the personal details form
6. Message will be sent directly to your personal e-mail address given
7. Check your mail: a message will be sent to the e-mail address given.
8. Enter the username and password
9. Click on Submit
10. Click on Faculty of Clinical Science,
11. Click on Department of Nursing
12. Click on PGDNE Program
Generate invoice and pay with your ATM card (Master Card)
Kindly note that candidate will be required to undertake proficiency in English Language and interactive session. The date would be communicated later.
CONDITION FOR TRAINING
Candidates or their sponsors will be responsible for Fees and other incidental expenses.
About University of Ibadan (UI)
Established some 67 years ago, the University of Ibadan, UI as it is fondly referred to, is the first University in Nigeria. Until 1962 when it became a full fledged independent University, it was a College of the University of London in a special relationship scheme.
The University, which took off with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Medicine, is now a comprehensive citadel of learning with academic programmes in thirteen Faculties namely, Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Agriculture and Forestry, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health and Dentistry.