The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) has released its practical specimen and instructions to schools, colleges and polytechnics in preparing for the 2022/2023 IJMB Examination.
2023 IJMB Official Exam Date
According to the timetable, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination for the 2023 academic session will commence on Tuesday, June 14, 2023, and end on Friday, June 24, 2023.
2023 IJMB Assistance/Questions and Answers
2023 IJMB Programme Registration Details
2023 IJMB Examination Timetable for Candidates
2023 IJMB Biology Paper III (Alternative A) Practical Specimens
1. SPECIMEN A – Provided as a figure on the Question Paper.
2. SPECIMEN B – Cultured and live Culex/ Anopheles larvae in water
3. SPECIMEN C – Crayfish
4. SPECIMEN D – Complete Anodonta/ Bivalve
5. SPECIMEN E – Pigeon/ Bird
6. SPECIMEN F – Groundnut pod
7. SPECIMEN G – Mango fruit
8. SPECIMEN H – Tomatoes fruit
9. SPECIMEN I – Cashew fruit
10. SPECIMEN J – Okro fruit
11. SPECIMEN K – Clayey soil
12. SPECIMEN L – Sandy soil
2023 IJMB Chemistry Paper III (Alternative A) Practical Specimen and Instructions to Schools
1a) Solution A: Prepare 0.25 mole dm3 aqueous solution of methanoic acid (HCOOH). Make available for each student about 50cm3 of the solution.
b) Solution B: Prepare 0.15 mole dm3 aqueous solution of potassium hydroxide (KOH). Make available for each student about 100cm3 of the solution.
c) Prepare methyl orange and phenolphthalein indicators for acid-base titrations.
2. Each student should be provided with the following samples (about 1g each) appropriately labeled as SAMPLE A1 and SAMPLE A2. THESE SHOULD BE THE CONTENT OF EACH SAMPLE AND THIS INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THE CANDIDATES.
SAMPLE A1 = BENZOIC ACID
SAMPLE A2 = COPPER(II) TRIOXONITRATE(V)
Ensure that all necessary test reagents for inorganic and organic qualitative analysis are provided on the laboratory benches.
2023 IJMB Physics Paper III (Alternative A) Practical Specimen and Instructions to Schools
i. Wide measuring cylinder and graduated test – tube fitted with mm scale. (e.g. by improvising with a strip of mm graph paper). Measure its internal radius and record it as r(cm).
ii. At least six (6) pieces of lead shot or any pieces of metal or heavy objects of the same size.
iii. Plenty of water.
i. Ammeter (0-5A) labelled X or anyone available range.
ii. Voltmeter (0-5V) labelled Y or anyone available range.
iii. Resistance box.
iv. Key/ switch.
v. Battery D.C power source.
vi. Enough connecting wires.
IJMB or IJMBE for full simply means the Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination. IJMB is a Federal Government certified examination body, charged with the responsibility of conducting and processing direct entry admissions programme.
The 2023 IJMB programme is approved by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB), as one of the formidable A ‘level programmes in the country. However, the chief coordinator or moderator of the programme is Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. And 2023 IJMB centres are available in different states of the federation for enrollment.
The programme was established in the 1970s with the sole purpose of solving and managing issues that come along with the influx of admission applications every year, into Nigerian tertiary institutions. Upon its establishment, IJMB has facilitated the admission of thousands of students, substituting the need to write JAMB.
Students who ace the IJMB programme are eligible for admission into 200level in their university of choice, taking away the waste of time and resources of waiting for a whole year to rewrite JAMB every year.
1. WAEC GCE Examination Assistance
2. WAEC GCE Registration Guidelines
3. WAEC GCE Timetable Second Series
4. NECO GCE Examination Assistance
5. NECO GCE Registration Guidelines
6. NECO GCE External Timetable
7. NABTEB GCE Examination Assistance
8. NABTEB GCE Registration Guidelines
Leave a Reply