The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates and is inviting suitable candidates to register.
The NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the school system.
NECO GCE Available Subjects
The SSCE External has Twenty-nine subjects as follows:
1. Agricultural Science
2. Arabic Language
5. Civic Education
6. Christian Religious Studies
8. Data Processing
10. English Language
11. Financial Accounting
13. Further Mathematics
17. Health Education
20. Islamic Studies
21. Literature in English
24. Physical Education
27. Store keeping
28. Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature component.
How to Apply for NECO GCE Form
The registration is both offline and online. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration token and then proceed to the registration point to register.
The registration period Begins on 17th August 2022 and ends on 14th November 2022 at 12.00 midnight.
Late registration ie. registration done from 15th to 19th November 2022 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only.
Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for.
The registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) only plus Fifty (N50.00) Naira Stamp Duty Charge.
Mode of Payment
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECO TSA through five payment options.
• ATM Card
• Internet Banking
• Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
Application for Registration
• A passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
• BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
• CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
• CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
1. Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
2. An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
3. Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to log in
4. Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful, and you will be issued exam and/or four-figure table token(s)
5. To register, you have to visit any approved cybercafes operators’ registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
6. Register by providing your information, including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
7. Provide your token to upload your data. Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: To upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either has an online account or have it created for him/her by a cybercafé Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Before a candidate can sit for the SSCE External Exam, they need to Purchase a Registration Token. A candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE Attestation Photocards and Timetable
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe:
• Timetable for the examination. ALSO READ: NECO GCE External Examination Timetable
• At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
• The principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
• An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
• A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
• A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
• A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
Visually Impaired Candidates
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
NECO GCE Examination Centres
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
1. The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
2. The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for a correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
3. Candidates or cyber cafe operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng For instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise
4. Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
5. Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates
6. Candidates should check the viability of their centres online at least a day before the date of the examination
7. Smoking Use of GSM phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
8. Candidates should dress in mufti, and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
9. Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
10. Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.
11. Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
12. Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
13. Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
14. A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/she is certified to be medically fit.
Registration closes on 14th November 2022 at 12.00 midnight.
NECO Registration Fees and Others Fees
NECO Registration Centres Worldwide
Leave a Reply