The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the list of Prohibited items from the venue of its examinations ahead of the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The board has warned that candidates who breach the directive would be disallowed from taking the UTME. Candidates are hereby required to properly examine the list and take note of the prohibited items, in order to avoid complications during the UTME exercise.
JAMB List of Prohibited Items
Below is the complete list of Prohibited Items listed by JAMB:
3. Mobile Phones or Similar Electronic Devices
4. Spy Reading Glasses Which Should be Scrutinized
5. Calculators or Similar Electronic Devices
6. USB, CD, Hard Disk, and or Similar Storage Devices
7. Books and Any Reading/Writing Material
12. Ink/Pen Readers
13. Smart Lenses
14. Smart Rings/Jewelry
15. Smart Buttons
16. Bluetooth Devices
17. Key Holders
18. ATM Cards
Also, where examination official (board staff or ad hoc staff) or any authorized person is found with any of these prohibited items in the examination hall, such compromising action would be treated as a deliberate act of examination sabotage and necessary sanction will be applied.
Instructions on Biometric Verification
1. Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
2. No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
3. There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
4. Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
5. All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination.
The Board has charged examination officials to ensure that all the report forms on the conduct of the examination are filled accurately and completed as at when due.