This post will explain everything you need about JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025. If you are interested in knowing about JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025 or When Is Mock Exam Starting in 2024? What is JAMB Mock Exam?
If yes, then this post is for you. It contains everything you need to know about the upcoming JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025. Candidates need to start preparing and arming themselves with all the necessary information. Perhaps, taking computer-based exams is new to you or you’re not very confident handling a mouse, keyboard and so on.
When Is JAMB Mock Exam Starting 2024/2025?
The JAMB mock exams for 2024 will be held on Thursday, 7th March 2024 as scheduled by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). This means that JAMB the commencement date for the 2024/2025 JAMB mock exam for interested candidates is Thursday, 7th March 2024.
Is JAMB Mock Compulsory?
NO, JAMB Mock 2024/2025 Exam is Not Compulsory. It is completely optional.
This means that the JAMB mock is not for every candidate, it’s not a requirement for writing the main exam. Hence, you don’t need to panic if you didn’t register for it in the first place. If you register, know that performing better in the JAMB mock doesn’t guarantee a higher mark in the main UTME.
Since the inception of UTME computer-based exams, JAMB has devised a way to get candidates prepared for the exam far before the date. To achieve this, the board came up with JAMB Mock. In other words, this exam is meant to prepare UTME candidates for the main UTME Exams.
What is JAMB Mock Exam?
The JAMB Mock Exam is a yearly examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before the main UTME Exams. The JAMB Mock exam aims to expose the candidates to the UTME TESTING MODE. You will still write the main JAMB exam like every other registered candidate. The questions that will appear during the Mock exam are not necessarily the questions that will appear during the main exam. In summary, the JAMB Mock exam is a preparatory exam.
Things To Know About JAMB Mock Exam 2024
Below are the basic things you should know about the JAMB mock exam.
1. The UTME mock is a pre-examination test organized by JAMB every year for candidates who will be taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates were asked to indicate their interest to take part in the mock exam during the 2024 UTME registration.
2. The UTME Mock Examination is NOT Compulsory. The score is not added to the main examination, and it is not a requirement to participate in the main examination.
3. The main purpose of the mock examination is to enable candidates to assess their level of preparation and acquaint themselves with the computer-based test environment.
4. The result of the mock examination will Not be added to the result of the main examination.
5. Candidates who earlier indicated interest to participate in the optional UTME mock exam but later changed their decision, this does not affect their participation in the main examination.
6. Questions that will appear during the Mock examination will not be the same questions that will appear during the main examination.
7. The UTME Mock Examination is scheduled to commence by 7:00 am at various centres (different sessions).
8. There will be no makeup test for candidates who miss the UTME Mock examination.
9. Candidates’ will be allocated to an accredited centre within the state they registered for the UTME as their venue for the Mock examination.
10. Candidates are expected to go to their mock examination centre with a copy of their UTME Mock examination slip or printout.
11. Bags, mobile phones, calculators, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination centre.
12. The UTME Mock examination is scheduled to hold on Thursday, 7th March 2024.
13. No association, body, or individual is permitted to run any Mock Examination on behalf of JAMB.
14. Candidates are not required to pay any fee to their assigned CBT centre for the Mock exam.
15. The UTME mock examination fee has been included during the purchase of the e-Pin for candidates who indicated an interest in the mock examination.
16. Only JAMB Accredited centres can perform valid registration and serve as examination centres.
Importance Of JAMB Mock Exam 2024/2025
1. To enable candidates to assess their level of preparation.
2. Exposing candidates to the way JAMB set questions.
3. Testing candidate’s ability for UTME.
4. Familiarize students with the use of computers to write tests.
5. Acquainting candidates with the CBT exams environment.
Does JAMB Add the Mock Score to The UTME Score?
NO, JAMB will not add the scores obtained from the mock exam to the main exam and the mock result will not directly or indirectly affect your main exam score positively or negatively.