The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has enabled the CAPS admission status checking portal for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates. Just like that of UTME, to check your admission status on CAPS portal follow these simple steps below:
How To Check JAMB CAPS Direct Entry Profile Admission Status
1. Visit www.jamb.org.ng/efacility preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile.
2. Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.
3. After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page.
4. You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
5. If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’. This is why it’s preferably to use a PC.
6. You’ll see some options listed at the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status’.
7. It’ll then bring your details.
8. If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’.
9. If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button.
Also See: How to Accept or Reject Admission Offer
About JAMB CAPS
The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.