The management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) has released the official cut-off mark for the 2022/2023 academic session.
UNIZIK Cut-Off Mark
Candidates who made Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) their first choice in the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored 160 and above are eligible for the online admission screening exercise.
In addition, each candidate must possess at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in their O’ Levels. Direct Entry candidates must be holders of OND/HND/First Degree or A’Level in relevant disciplines and subjects.
ALSO READ: UNIZIK Post UTME Application Form
UNIZIK Degree Courses
The Cut-off points for each programme are as follows:
1. FACULTIES/PROGRAMMES WITH A CUT-OFF MARK OF 200
i. LAW, MEDICINE & SURGERY, PHARMACY
ii. HEALTH SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Envt Health Science, Human Nutrition, Med. Lab Science, Med. Rehab/physiotherapy, Nursing Science, Radiography.
2. FACULTIES/PROGRAMMES WITH A CUT-OFF MARK OF 180
i. ARTS: Chinese, English Language, History, Linguistics, Philosophy and Theater arts.
ii. BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE: Anatomy and physiology
iii. BIOSCIENCES: Applied Biochemistry, Applied Microbiology.
iv. ENGINEERING: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Computer, Mechanical & Petroleum
vi. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: Accountancy, Business Administration
vii. PHYSICAL SCIENCES: Computer Science
viii. SOCIAL SCIENCES: Economics, Mass communication, political science, psychology, sociology.
3. FACULTIES/PROGRAMMES WITH A CUT-OFF MARK OF 160
i. AGRICULTURE, EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
ii. ARTS: Igbo, religion, Modern European language and Music
iii. BIOSCIENCES: Botany, Parasitology & Entomology, zoology
iv. ENGINEERING: Agric & Bio-Resources, Industrial Production, Metallurgical & Material, Polymer & Textile
v. PHYSICAL SCIENCES: Chemistry, Geological Science, Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics and Industrial Physics, Pure & Industrial Chemistry, Statistics.
vi. All Affiliate Institutions.
UNIZIK Admission Requirements
In addition to the specific entry requirements into the Institution, the following are the general entry requirements approved for admission into first degree courses for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
1. Applicant must have obtained Five (5) credit passes in West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Senior School Certificate (SSC), National Examinations Council (NECO) or equivalents at not more than two sittings in subject relevant to the course of study.
2. Applicants must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (Compulsory) and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
3. The candidate must attain the required cut-off mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.