Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various degree programmes of Bayelsa Medical University, Yenagoa (BMU) for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
BMU Courses/Cut-off Marks
Cut-off Mark of 200 and Above
1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Cut-off Mark of 170 and Above
Cut-off Mark of 140 and Above
1. MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
2. PUBLIC HEALTH
3. COMMUNITY HEALTH
6. HUMAN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
7. HUMAN ANATOMY
8. HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
12. PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS
BMU Post UTME/Direct Entry Screening Eligibility
1. All prospective candidates who applied for admission into Bayelsa Medical University, Yenagoa (BMU) as the institution of First Choice and those willing to change their institution and make Bayelsa Medical University their First Choice with a UTME score of 140 and above in the 2022 JAMB UTME Examination, except for those courses for which higher cut-off marks have been indicated on the University website.
2. Candidates with the relevant certificates such as B.Sc/HND/ND/NCE/A’Level (IJMB, JUPEB and Institute of Baccalaureate) Certificate may be considered for admission by Direct Entry. BMU also admit students from other universities with the appropriate CGPA through Inter-University Transfer.
3. All Candidates must possess at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/ NECO/ NABTEB in the relevant subjects at not more than two sittings and are further advised to upload their O’Level results to the JAMB CAPS portal as a pre-condition for admission.
4. Candidates are advised to regularly visit our website www.bmu.edu.ng for update on their admission status.
How to Apply for Bayelsa Medical University Post UTME Form
Eligible candidates are required to apply online at https://my.bmu.edu.ng/application/register and pay for the Bayelsa Medical University Screening exercise online application form at a fee of N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) only using their ATM debit cards on Interswitch.
Bayelsa Medical University Screening Exercise
The screening exercise for all candidates would be done strictly ONLINE by screening of qualifying results of candidates. There shall be no Post UTME and no Physical Screening, candidates are therefore expected to fill the online application form, scan and upload the following documents during registration:
1. 2022 UTME Result Slip
2. O’level Result(s)
3. Passport Photograph
4. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Scratch Card(s) details as applicable
5. B.Sc/HND/ND/NCE Certificate (Direct Entry Candidates Only)
6. Birth Certificate/Statutory Declaration of Age Certificate
7. Certificate of Origin
8. Passport Photograph.
Study at BMU Yenagoa and have access to:
1. Local and Foreign Scholarship opportunities for all students
2. Decent and Fully Equipped Hostel Accommodation with state-of-the-art facilities
3. Constant internet connectivity with Wi-Fi
4. Steady Power and Water Supply
5. Uninterrupted Academic Calendar
6. Safe environment with maximum security
7. Well-equipped academic halls and laboratories
8. International affiliated universities.
CLOSING DATE: Not Specified.
For further information, kindly contact the Admissions Office, Bayelsa Medical University, Yenagoa on Tel: 08020880183 or 08131945483; E-mail: [email protected]