Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various degree programmes of Borno State University (BOSU) for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
Borno State University Degree Programmes
1. Faculty of Agriculture
ii. Animal Science
iii. Agric Economics & Extension
iv. Agrimony and Soil Science
2. Faculty of Arts & Education
a. B.A. English
b. B A Literature in English
ii. Islamic Studies
a. BA. Islamic Studies
iii. Educational Foundation
a. B. Ed Educational Management
b. B. Ed Guidance & Counselling
iv. Arts & Social Science Education
a. B. A Education/English
b. B. A Education/Islamic Studies
c. B A (Ed ) Education/Economic
v. Science Education
a. B.Sc.(Ed.) Education/Biology
b. B.Sc.(Ed.) Education/Chemistry
c. B.Sc.(Ed.) Education/Mathematics
d. B.Sc.(Ed.) Education/Physics
e. B.Sc.(Ed.) Education/Computer Science
3. Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
a. B. Sc. Accounting
ii. Business Administration
a. B. Sc. Business Administration
a. B. Sc. Economics
a. B. Sc. Geography
v. Mass Communication
a. B. Sc. Mass Communication
vi. Political Science
a. B. Sc. Political Science
a. B. Sc. Sociology
b. B. Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
c. B. Sc. Peace Studies and conflict Resolution
viii. Public Administration
a. BSc. Public Administration
4. Faculty of Science
a. B. Sc Physics
ii. Mathematics and Computer Science
a. B. Sc. Computer Science
b. B. Sc. Mathematics
c. B. Sc. Statistics
a. B. Sc. Chemistry
iv. Biological Sciences
a. B. Sc. Biochemistry
b. B. Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology
c. B. Sc. Animal & Environmental Biology
BOSU Post UTME Eligibility
1. Candidate must have chosen Borno State University as their first choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the programmes they applied. Candidates are strongly advised to make sure they qualify for the course they are applying for.
RECOMMENDED: Borno State University Departmental Cut-Off Marks
2. Candidate must five relevant O’level credits (including Mathematics and English Language).
3. Candidates with a minimum of lower credit at National Diploma or Merit in NCE are eligible to register for DE.
4. Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks of the programmes they have chosen as their first choices but have appropriate score are required to change to other relevant progammes at JAMB portal.
5. Direct Entry (DE) candidates shall in addition to the minimum of five (5) O’ level relevant credits (including English and Mathematics) must have scored a minimum of 7 points in IJMB or NCE and at least lower credit in ND.
6. Both UTME/DE candidates must upload their A’level and O’level Results at jamb portal. Failure to comply, such candidate admission cannot be processed.
NOTE: Both Direct Entry and UTME candidates are strongly advised to upload their ‘O’ LEVEL RESULTS unto the JAMB website (CAPS) at the nearest JAMB Office or JAMB accredited CBT Centre without which such a candidate will not be admitted.
How to Apply for Borno State University Post UTME Form
Application form cost Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) Only.
1. To apply, visit the University website www.bosu.edu.ng and then click on Portal.
2. Click on Post UTME Portal
3. Click on ‘New application’.
4. Login page will be displayed for you.
5. Use your Phone Number as your Username and Password to log in.
6. You will be directed to REMITA payment platform to make payment.
7. Choose a payment option (i.e, using ATM Card or Bank).
A. ATM Card Payment Option:
• Click ‘proceed to payment’ icon
• Select card type (Master Card, Verve Card etc)
• Enter your Card details and ATM PIN No. and ‘submit’
• OTP confirmatory code will be sent to your phone/email to confirm your transaction.
• FINALLY, enter the sent OTP code to complete your transaction.
• N2, 000.00 will be deducted from your account.
• After completing the payment, you will be taken to the registration platform to proceed with your registration.
B. Bank Payment Option:
• Click ‘proceed to payment’ icon
• Select Bank.
• Enter your details as required and ‘submit’
• Print the e-invoice containing the Remita Reference No. and take to any Commercial Bank and pay the sum of two thousand (N2,000.00).
• A payment receipt will be generated for you from the bank.
• Log on to BOSU website again, select ‘POST UTME PORTAL’,
• select ‘existing applicant’ and enter your Phone No as username and Password again. You will be taken to the registration platform to proceed with registration.
6. CHOICE OF PROGRAMME: You are required to select the choice of your programme of study from the list of available programmes.
7. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
i. You are expected to enter not more than two sittings of your O’ level Examination results with their centers/examination numbers
ii. In addition to the above, DE applicants are expected to enter institution and class of diploma/statement of result obtained (ND, HND, NCE, A level).
8. UPLOADING OF DOCUMENTS: For DE candidates only Upload Scanned Copies of the following Documents (the documents should not exceed Between 200kb and 300Kb each in PDF format):
i. JAMB Acknowledgement Slip for DE
ii. O’ Level Result(s); two sittings maximum
iii. A Level Result (ND/HND/NCE) For DE
11. SUBMISSION APPLICATION:
After filling/uploading all the necessary information/Certificates, you are advised to cross check and ensure that all entries/uploads are correct. You should then Submit the application by clicking on the ‘Submit application’ button.
12. PRINTING OF APPLICATION FORM:
After successful submission of your application, your application page is displayed. Your Phone Number is your Application ID (Password) as well as your login Username. You may wish to print your application form by Clicking on the ‘Print Application’ button.
Borno State University Post UTME Screening Schedule
The online screening exercise for 2022/2023 admissions will commence on Tuesday, 6th September 2022 and end on Sunday, 6th November 2022.
For enquiry, contact email [email protected]